
I am recycling my blog from Spain (summer 2010), the summer I met my sweet hubby. Here I will be documenting my new european adventures with him as we begin our marriage in his homeland, Germany. Because I am 5,000 miles away from my "home" I thought this would be a nice way to keep friends and family updated with my everyday life!
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
en el aeropuerto
Mom and I left the house this morning a little after 8:30 headed for Atlanta.. we stopped for a quick lunch break and stretched our legs at O'Charleys. I have been eating "last meals" for about 3 days now as my flights were canceled because of the ash cloud lingering over southern Europe yesterday. All I was able to do yesterday was wait around and add more to my bag (yes I was able to fit everything in ONE BAG!!!) I did not realize the severity of this until I checked my bag and learned that it was 9lbs over weight. The attendant was very helpful/friendly and informed me that I could give him a hardy tip rather than pay the $150 fee. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the Italians will have the same mindset in Rome. On top of that, as I was going through security the man checking my i.d. and ticket said "20? impressive" as if there was no way a 20yr old girl could handle traveling abroad alone haha, and thennn as I was entering the Sky Lounge, the woman informed me, "I almost denied you entry because I thought you were 15".. I wanted to say "'no but I have been coming to this sky lounge for 15years, thanks" .. haha anyways, I got a kick out of that. It is seriously unreal that after months of preparation and prayer this trip is finally here. I am so hopeful that I will allow God to use me in whatever way He chooses, whether it is how I thought or not. There are so many unknowns for me and I hope that I am able to write soon with many questions answered :)


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yeah, i am now able to see your blogs
ReplyDeleteCasey- I'm trying to help your mom, so this is a test comment
ReplyDeleteHey Casey, Love your posts!
ReplyDelete