Saturday, May 22, 2010

esta semana

this week has been good! Thursday I helped with the english class again and they were out of control.. the kids are all so disrespectful not only to me but to their teacher as well. It is so frustrating! Kids would get in so much trouble for acting like that in America, but here the teacher hardly does anything. She's from America but this is her first year here so maybe she is just nervous to upset the parents or something, I don't know. But anyways I absolutely love being with them and notice that when I am really encouraging to the ones who have completed their work, the others tend to ask for help as well. Even with something as simple as handing out the sandwiches in the afternoons to the kids I have an opportunity to improve their behavior. They almost never say please or thank you and sometimes they will scream at us or throw their trash on the ground. So the other girl handing out the snacks and I always tell them they have to say please and thank you and pick up their trash and when they don't we give them a little scolding. I really do love the kids though, they are some of the cutest I have ever seen, and most of the older ones are very well behaved so maybe it is something they grow out of. Also, last night was the graduation from high school and it was very interesting. Most of it was the same as a private school in America and had a slide show of all the memories of the kids growing up together.. but i thought it was funny because 1) they played dramatic music the entire way through even when people were giving speeches and 2) they didn't wear caps and gowns or white, just these things over their shoulders. But it was fun to experience and I was surprised that so much was similar. Other things I did this week.. go to the beach again, lay out by the pool, take out lots and lots of trash, clean lots and lots of dishes, watch "black hawk down" in spanish class, clean the pool..IN the pool (which was verryyy hard work, especially because I was trying not to get my hair wet), and now I am about to go hike the "mountain of God".. "Montgo, which is going to be very hot today but I am excited, hopefully I will return haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment