I am recycling my blog from Spain (summer 2010), the summer I met my sweet hubby. Here I will be documenting my new european adventures with him as we begin our marriage in his homeland, Germany. Because I am 5,000 miles away from my "home" I thought this would be a nice way to keep friends and family updated with my everyday life!
Saturday, May 15, 2010
trabajo!
Today was my first day of work and I really did love it! The Germans are always complaining about work so when I told them I liked today they looked at me like I was crazy. I think it must be because God really has prepared me for this with camp last year. The work there really was miserable, we made the most of it and I have many fond memories of dancing around with a broom or serving meals and laughing till I fell or rushing to get food ready because kids came early.. but all and all it was very difficult, hot work. Here, when we are in the “office” (kitchen) cleaning dishes it is fabulous; there is a view of the playground, where the kids are happily playing, and of the ocean, city, and mountains. It is absolutely beautiful and I would pay any day to work in that kitchen. Plus they play fun music (usually American) and everyone is very hard working.. it is almost a competition to see who can get the most done.. but it is also great because everyone helps those who are still working when they finish. And we have a bunch of breaks in between our work.. for example, at 7:30 this morning I swept outside for 30mins (they keep it really clean looking without leaves and things on the ground), then ate breakfast, then me and 1 other guy mopped and swept the gym and cleaned the bathrooms(which were already clean in my opinion), then we ate “bocadillas” (sandwiches) and had an hour break, then we did dishes, had a break, ate our afternoon lunch, cleaned the kitchen, then we were done! It was a great day of working! Also… I thought I could never eat enough bread, well it’s day 3 of only bread for meals and I am over it haha. But it is not like the amazingly buttery bread we have in America(the germans also think it is very basic). We eat it for breakfast with nutella or breakfast meats, then for bocadillas around 11, then as a side for afternoon lunch, and usually there isn’t much around for me to eat for dinner so I have some with the peanut butter I bought. But tonight we are going to an Indian restaurant in the city so that will be a treat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey friend,
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it safely. Thanks for the updates. I'll try to check everyday. Be sure to get someone to take some pics of you with your camera. I want to see your smiling face. God definitely has you there for a reason. Have fun and let Him use you each day.
Praying for you, Sweet Casey!
thank y'all for your sweet words :) and I will definitely keep you updated on my time here if you will keep me updated with char char!
ReplyDeleteCasey, love your comment about European men, especially the Italians...totally agree!!!! I can't wait to feast my eyes on them myself, haha.
ReplyDeletesounds like you are already making friends and having a great time, glad to hear it.
Casey, your post are so inspiring!! I am so happy that you are enjoying everything and making the best of it. All our prayers are being answered! Your work for the Lord sets a wonderful example for the rest of us at home! Thank you. I love you!
ReplyDeletevery true aunt debbie, we will have a great time together in europe :) and thank you sweet kait! our prayers are definitely being answered and i am so thankful to have a big family of friends back home cheering me on, i have continued to prayer for all of you and know that the lord will use yall in awesome ways too! love you!
ReplyDeleteCasey, I cannot believe you actually made it!! I wish i was there, so badly... I think me and cati would be in heaven eating all that bread. ha! I wouldnt think they would have Indian food there, but i guess it's just like the U.S. having Indian food. Anyways, I am going to write you soon. I am living vicariously through you a little bit this summer :) I hope everything is great, and things go as planned (so you don't freak out ;)) and I know God is already working. I love you and am praying for you everyday.
ReplyDeleteLeah Joy
love love love you leah boo.. wish your were here :(
ReplyDeleteCasey!!! so i was just creeping on you on facebook to see what you were up to... then i decided to check out your blog. i read this post. it kind of made me want to cry... i didn't realize how much i missed the community us kitchen girls had. i could have done with out all the work... but i definitely learned a lot in the process. it sounds like you're doing great things across the world. keep it up. it's people like you change the world. you're so awesome. i'm praying for you friend. loving you.
ReplyDeleteMorgan! I just saw your sweet comment :) i miss the group of kitchen girls so much.. living together, sweating together, playing together.. it really was a great summer despite all the work. thank you for your encouraging words :) i miss you! love you!
ReplyDelete