Tuesday, May 18, 2010

la playa y otras cosas!

I had sunday free so I was able to go with a group to the beach! It was so beautiful :) I really just laid around for most of the day sunbathing and I didn't even burn (had hardly any sunscreen on!) Most people played volleyball but I just relaxed with a couple other americans (studying abroad here and friends of alfa y omega).. it was VERY nice to be around americans for a bit even though they were from michigan and very northern haha. We also ended up swimming for a little bit, even had "chicken fights" which reminded me of italy when dad, bruce, tori, and I did this many evenings. The water was pretty chilly but I think it should warm up soon. It is so strange because the sun doesn't go down till about 9:30pm, and the sunset is still lurking till 10, so we have lots of daylight and were able to swim till about 8 on sunday. When we left the beach we got crepes (mine was chocolate and whip creme) for dinner :) and made the long journey back (not sure but probably 2 or 3 miles from alfa y omega to the beach). Monday (yesterday) I worked from 7:30-5 but there were breaks in between and because the sun goes down so late 5 is more like 2 or 3. I mostly worked at the pool trying to get it ready to swim in.. apparently they have been doing this for over a month now.. it is filthy.. but so very close! The guy in charge of all the ground keeping (Fernando) was mocking me yesterday in spanish and asked if we had robots to clean our pools and apparently so i had to laugh and say .. actually, yes, yes we do.. and proceeded to try and explain the little machines we keep in the bottom of our pools to keep them clean haha! Today I haven't had much work but I just got back from helping with a 2nd grade english classs.. it was so fun! the kids are some of the cutest i have seen, but OUT OF CONTROL.. almost all of them are disrespectful and loud... but after a few weeks with me in there maybe the tables will turn haha. Anyways, each day is wonderful, really wonderful, and i hope to write back soon with more good things!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Casey, sounds you are adjusting well and having fun already. I am pretty sure you will have those 2nd graders in line in no time. last night when I tucked Sara in bed, she had thought-up a puppet show using playdough for hats on her fingers and guess who was her main character? Casey!!!! We will record the show for you and post it for you to see. Pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool Casey! what what it that yall called the pool vacuum, we used to be scared of it haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KK i would loveee to see that, that makes me so happy :) i miss those little cuties! and claire i think it was "jaws"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, you need Jaws to help you with that pool.

    ReplyDelete