Thursday, May 13, 2010

el primer día


I am pretty worn out at this point but know that I will want to remember these first few days so I am staying up to document as much as I have the energy for. There was a little miscommunication with the italian boarder patrol and i ended up exiting the airport for a bit and then re-entering and going through security.. it was nice to be around italians and made me want to stay for a bit. I then had a delay on my flight to Valencia, so I sat around admiring the fashion of Italian men, or I guess just european men in general.. there are not words to describe how wonderful i think they look, whether 20 or 80 there is just something so classic about a well-dressed european man. Anyways, after that bit of entertainment I boarded my flight to Valencia and enjoyed conversation with the overweight spanish man who was spilling over into my seat. This was my first actual conversation with a spainard abroad and I will therefore remember it forever haha. I would also like to mention that the plane was tops 1/3rd full and made me feel slighty ancient because of the green carpet on the floor and walls.I arrived, saw no costumes area, so proceeded to find my driver. It was an absolutely beautiful drive with mountains, vineyards, and ocean. Pedro met me when I arrived at Alfa y Omega and informed with that the voluntarios were eating.. which was music to my ears because I was starved! The late lunch (I guess) was delicious but basic pasta and I had some yogurt and coke with it(as to avoid the water). The rest of the afternoon I organized my room a little (which is bunk beds that I will be sharing with 2 or 3 other girls from tomorrow on). We have lots of drawers and hangers and our own bathroom. This evening we walked into town, got frozen yogurt with fresh fruit, then went to thursday night church. I'm now sitting in the hangout room where everyone is socializing in german haha. But everyone has been so friendly to include me and either talk in spanish or english. It really is great, and so gorgeous but I'm ready for a shower and bed so I will include more tomorrow..they are giving me the day off so I can explore and catch up on sleep!
The view from my bedroom.. the ocean is off in the distance but you can't really tell in this pic

2 comments: