For those of you who don't know how this little adventure came about I will provide some explanation. I have always had a desire for foreign missions, and have looked into a program in a spanish-speaking country that involves children.. it seems simple enough but I suppose God made this task difficult until I was prepared for just the right opportunity. The youth group at my home church traveled to Dénia last summer for a 10 day mission trip and came back with great things to say. I was talking to the youth pastor at my church about their travels when he mentioned the need for volunteers at alfa y omega, the Christian school & center they had worked at. The more I learned, the more ecstatic I became because this sounded like just the opportunity I had been praying for. I continued to receive so many clear signals that this was god's plan for my summer that I could no longer deny it. I began the application process and discovered at the end of October that I had been accepted!
I leave for Spain in less than a month and i'm not sure how I feel about that. Definitely excited and possibly a tad nervous.. but especially unsure about what exactly i'm getting myself into (haha). I will not be going with a single person I know so that is scary but I am really looking forward to all the unknowns about my summer. I am continuing to pray that God will use me and most importantly, that His will will be carried out in everything I do. I learned on a retreat this weekend that there are no ordinary moments when the Holy Spirit is within us and this is a reminder to me that nothing will be ordinary about this summer and the amazing things God does. Other than that I'd say i'm most looking forward to the culture, the people, and the language/hopefully improving my spanish skills. I would much appreciate any prayers as I prepare for what is to come :) :)
Casey,
ReplyDeleteI just saw this link on Facebook. I'm so glad you are doing this, I can't wait to hear everything. You are in my prayers constantly! I love you
P.S. you are a great writer!!!