My weeks in the states were filled with fabulous things such as..
 |
| lucky charms |
 |
| self explanatory |
 |
| snookie time |
 |
| more snookie time. |
 |
| i Jump with my amazing cousins |
 |
| the gorgeous wedding of my long time friend, Caitlin Miller |
Then I had an unexpectedly long return flight to beautiful Germany. And somehow I just found myself feeling so lost in a place I had begun to call home.
I guess my time with family and friends was something I had missed more than I realized and once I had to leave that it was a bit of a re-adjustment. But after a couple weeks of fun with Simeon and the boys I nanny I have settled back into life here.
|
|
one of our favorite activities in our city
|
|
|
we love to hike up to the highest point!
|
 |
| after our 3 hour climb, we needed a little break at the pool above the city |
 |
however, by time we were ready to swim it was cloudy and chilly so we had
to do a little sauna action to warm up- crazy for the beginning of August, isn't it? |
 |
we went roller blading one cloudy afternoon on
the Rhein in our old city |
 |
doing a little outside work with a couple of sillies
|
 |
| picking blackberries in the rain with the boys |
 |
| the wine festival that has been going on in our city the past 10 days |
 |
we have strolled by several evenings for crepes,
bratwursts, and italian yummies! I mean how could
we resist?!
|
 |
I returned to pick blackberries with Simeon after discovering the abundance of them with the boys.
|
 |
| Here is some of our scrumptious collection after a day of munching! |
So, life here is back to its normal, adventurous self, but I sure am itching for home so please join me in praying that it becomes possible in the near future! Also, if you are wondering what one packs when heading abroad for several months when they already have all of the clothes they need.. here are most of the contents of my checked bag for this go around.
 |
| gifts for people (the black carry on was for Simeon and went inside of my checked luggage), water guns for the boys, several footballs for us and the boys, candies galore (no, no of course they're not all for me), marshmallows for my sore throat (they work wonders), allergy medicines, boxed cookies and cakes, icings, peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chips (somehow these are unavailable here in the land of chocolate), bama shirts for the boys, merica pillow for the mom I work for, mexican sauce, powerade flavoring, and bread load pan. Probably not as practical of items as you would expect? |
So glad I got to see your beautiful face when you were in the States! So happy that you made it back safe and sound! I love what you packed in your checked bag - those are life essentials : ) Miss and love you lots!
ReplyDeleteIt was a treat seeing you too pretty friend! Glad you enjoyed my silly packing hehe! Love you!!
ReplyDelete