so... the reason I haven't updated the blog in 2 weeks is because I have been spending all of my free time with a boy, which is very unusual for me haha. This is the beginning of our story..
Tobi (a fellow volunteer-you may remember him from the Montgo adventure) had his best friend,Simeon, visit from Germany. I didn't even know he was coming till an hour before I met him on Saturday. I saw him goofing off with Tobi and he introduced himself and I basically kept walking. I could immediately tell he was just as silly as Tobi and I was not at all interested. Over the next day or so he apparently tried impressing me (although I just thought it was his sillyness) and I continued to be uninterested. Sunday none of the volunteers were doing anything and it was my day off so I hung around with Miri, Tobi, and Simeon just having fun trying to come up with something to do. We ended up talking Sunday night till 2 or 3 am and I was able to see more of who he really is. I learned that I really love how silly he is because he makes me laugh and I'm always smiling when I'm around him.. but at the same time I love how in love with the Lord he is and how much he wants to please Him.
I think it was monday or tuesday night that we talked about the fact that we liked each other and that it would never work because of the distance. But we continued to spend every night talking.. over 10 days I never went to bed before 2 and a few nights I stayed up till 5 or 6 but it was so worth it to me because talking with him was just so fun and time always flew like it had only been 30minutes.
I know it sounds so crazy to think something could blossom in such a short time but I know it was God because I would have never chosen Simeon for myself and now I am able to see how perfect we fit together. There are so many boys that I have met that seem great but there is always something missing, and I don't know how to say it except that this just feels so right. I've never been so sure of something before. Something I always ask myself when I am dating/talking to a boy is "is this friendship bringing me closer to the Lord?" and my answer right now is an overwhelming "yes!" which I think is a pretty good test :)
so what is to come? we're not the type of people who just say "let's talk and see what happens" because that could end in so much heart break so we have to have a goal. It will be very difficult though because he still has 5 years of school left, but we are trusting that the distance is a good thing and that God will work it out. It will keep our relationship from being physical and it will help us develop something based soley on friendship. Also, it will help us to put the Lord before each other.
In other news..
my friend Annika had her parents visiting for 10 days and I was able to eat dinner with them one night at their villa. It was so nice to have a family around who cooked delicious food for us and just loved on us.
This is a very strange time for a lot of the volunteers because when I arrived there were 17 I think and now there are only 10! So many people have left that were here for so long and it has been really hard for a lot of the volunteers. We have a few new people too which is fun but I think a lot of the ones who have been here so long just feel like it is too different. I'm trying to make the most of every day here despite everyone's somber moods and I think it will just take some time for everyone to adjust to the changes.
There is a group of Americans here right now from Texas which I am loving! Even though most of the germans can speak good english it is just so nice to be able to talk about music or tv shows or whatever and not have to be like "have you heard of..?" I went with them last night to do some street ministry and then to dinner at a Cuban restaurant. It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed getting to know them better.
Mom and the youth group come saturday and I absolutely can not wait! It's going to be so fun having her here and for her to experience everything I've been talking about. I have less than a month left so please be praying that God would continue to use me and that I would be open to His plans, not letting the days slip away.
Casey, was busy with Mimi last week and I am just now reading your Blog.....Uncle B and I knew we were right for each other very quickly also. We were engaged after only 6 weeks after we met and were married 5 months later. You can know someone is right very quickly. I know you are both too young right now, but I hope you and Simeon figure out how to make it work, if it is right for both of you.
ReplyDeleteCasey!!! I am so so so so so HAPPY for you!!! He seems amazing and I can't wait to meet him!!! (he's so cute too!!!) Two are better than one, when one falls the other will be there to catch him Ecclesiastes 4:9-10! Also listen to the song "God gave me you" by Dave Barnes (you may have already heard it) it's like amazing, God puts the perfect people in our life at the perfect time HES SO AMAZING!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteah i love the verse and the song! thank you so much sweet friend :) you are so right about God doing everything perfectly.. i could have never have planned something the way He did!
ReplyDelete