Wednesday, June 23, 2010

mi vida recientemente..

Once again I have failed at updating my blog and for this I am very sorry. It seems like I never have more than 15 minutes free at a time and this is just not enough to write everything that I'm up to. I guess i will start with Brookwood being here. It really was great. It was so fun to hang out with friends and spend time with mom. A couple afternoons I was able to go to the beach with them and one evening mom and I got dinner and shopped. Also, their last day here the kiddos and nathan hiked Montgo but mom was able to skip out on that and get lunch with my friend, Kerstin, and I. We also laid on the beach, shopped, and just relaxed. It was a little strange having people from home here just because everything here is so different and to have something that reminds me so much of home was weird, but I think I really enjoyed it mostly. We also went out to the Cuban restaurant I had been to with the other Americans, the food was great. One thing I really like about having groups here is that the food tends to be better and there are more opportunities to do fun little activities, but it is also more work for us so I am kind of dreading the next group of Americans coming Friday.

I think having the Brookwood group here really helped all the volunteers pep up a little. We played a lot futbol at night and had a few dance parties so that was good bonding. Everyone is back to having fun and goofing off but things are definitely a lot different with so few volunteers. There are only 10 of us now which means a lot more work but more bonding too. Some of the people were having a hard time adjusting to the new volunteers because the change was difficult but i think every one has realized there really is no other option, besides the new people are pretty cool I think.

Last monday night there was a big storm (the only one in the time i've been here), which ended up flooding my room and fernando's house and shutting down school(because of other flooded roads and things). It was a much needed day off (although most people worked), I spent the day in bed resting because I was sick with a very bad cold.. although I'm still sick so I'm doubting now that it is just a simple cold.. plus it is deep in my chest now and all in my head so i'm very hopeful it is not a sinus infection. I also got to swim with my class monday which was a lot of fun even though it was just for a little bit. School ended yesterday and life is so quiet around here without the kids, it makes work a bit easier but I'm not sure yet whether I like it or not. Another guy, Stephan, left yesterday so monday night we had a BBQ in the oasis which was a lot of fun. I only have 2 weeks left from tomorrow and I think it is bitter sweet. My time here has been SO short and I would have loved to stay for 3 or 4 months instead but I am also excited to see my family and simeon when I leave and go to germany and then to return home and see all my friends who I really feel so separated from and miss SO much. I am trying to appreciate every day here and not wish away the work and things but really enjoy it and glorify god with each hour. I would really appreciate prayer for these things :) and hopefully I can update again soon.


p.s. sorry if my writing skills are degrading.. being around all these foreigners has definitely affected my english haha


having fun with the kiddos at the pool
bbq!
cleaning up the flood

No comments:

Post a Comment